GAME ON – OLG needs you
We said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering exceptional gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery and land-based casino channels. In our 2019-2020 fiscal year alone, OLG achieved net income of over $2.3 billion in the province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding its horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a global leader in gaming entertainment with a globally admired digital platform.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need an enthusiast Senior Technology Service Delivery Manager who will be responsible for the development, implementation, evaluation and ongoing delivery of the full service delivery management cycle of new and existing IT products and services. The escalation point responsible for achieving service level objectives for assigned services and the primary point of contact for service delivery. Ensures that the client or service providers receive the services and performance that have been agreed and contracted. Expertise able to work in many different infrastructure and application areas, including providing proactive optimization recommendations to ensure OLG is able to operate as a business to meet or exceed customer expectations . Develops appropriate support models across OLG IT teams and service providers to ensure effective ITIL processes and support.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Director of Network Operations, you will be required to:
- Support the management of all relationships with external operators and play a quality assurance role to ensure that internal and external support teams meet contractual obligations, including SLAs or other defined measures
- Responsible for negotiating and agreeing OLAs and SLAs ensuring the management of the appropriate underlying contracts with third-party vendors and IT service managers. Provides leadership, direction and technical support for service delivery.
- Identify any potential issues or risks and provide remediation recommendations to continue to foster and build successful OLG-operator relationships
- Advocate for customers and interface with technology teams to correct any performance or service issues encountered by operators to improve the customer and supplier experience.
- Collaborate and monitor the various technology teams and external suppliers to ensure that the products and services delivered meet customer expectations.
- Create support models with internal and external support teams and vendors, and where applicable, integrate the service provider’s IT support process for incidents, problems, and changes.
- Conduct monthly and ad-hoc service review meetings with service providers and vendors.
- Provide support on major incident processes based on demonstrated knowledge and ability to work in technology
- Lead root cause analysis, research and development of solutions for new and unknown cloud applications and infrastructure issues to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Support the maintenance/monitoring of long-term relationships with operators to provide additional OLG value and services
- Implement and define best practices for application and infrastructure operations, including upgrades, maintenance patches and vendor-provided fixes and other capital projects to maximize technology benefits .
- Perform operational capacity and performance analysis to ensure optimal service performance and provide recommendations identifying management and analyst teams for continuous improvement opportunities, optimizing SLAs to further drive operational standardization to to provide consistent quality and service
- Provide advice, guidance and recommendations on the development of standards, policies, procedures, technologies, tools and application/infrastructure frameworks to ensure consistency, including leveraging agile methodologies to identify other opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Identify and assess opportunities to leverage cloud-based technologies to enable infrastructure operations as recommended in the cloud strategy, identify associated impacts and provide recommendations.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other technology teams to ensure infrastructure availability, reliability and scalability to meet business demands
- Monitor and manage solutions provided internally and externally, from identifying business needs to transitioning the solution to the production environment to ensure the build will meet operational SLAs
- Review detailed solution design to ensure alignment with overall business outcomes
Additional job details: Obligation to comply with and interpret regulations and policies and to ensure compliance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Professional experience: Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in progressive roles within technology or a related function. Minimum of five (5) years of experience in cloud/on-premises operations/application operations and infrastructure operations in a fast-paced enterprise environment. Provide subject matter expertise and/or guidance to the team. Proficiency in twenty-eight (28) of the above core competency areas listed above.
Education: Post-secondary degree, preferably in an area of information systems, business administration and/or project management, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Primary knowledge around:
- ITIL and the IT Service Delivery Lifecycle
- Accounts Payable Management
- Business assessment and needs analysis
- Solution Architecture (SA)
- System development life cycle
- Technological architecture
- Capacity and performance planning and monitoring
- Availability and continuity of service
- Risk and security management
- Support model design
- Workflow analysis
- Modeling: use cases
- Database design (physical)
- Hardware infrastructure
- User experience design
- cloud computing
- Agile development
- Application Development (Web/Client/Server)
Secondary knowledge around:
- Data governance
- Integration of systems and technologies
- Information management
- Data managment
Cooperation and fun: inclusive and collaborative working style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and trust: do what is right and operate with transparency and openness
BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
Part of a larger image: socially responsible company that returns all profits to the province and the people of Ontario
Flexible work environment: to help balance work and life
You count: family-friendly work practices and remote work
Freedom to innovate: supports new and better ways to succeed
Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
Learning galore: 24/7 access to robust online learning programs
Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a large defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Ontario government
Variable compensation program: performance-based incentives to share our success (permanent OLG employees only)
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s goal is to contribute to a better Ontario by providing great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion dollar organization with a wide range of business lines including lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horse racing and charitable gaming. OLG is in the midst of a massive transformation to become customer obsessed and take our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be based on real, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity and openness in everything we do. We support and empower employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family-friendly work practices, including remote work.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone of our values of respect, integrity, stewardship and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their insights and skills for the benefit of the people and the province of Ontario.
As we reshape and grow our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose and ensuring our business delivers meaningful results. benefits for Ontarians. OLG’s net profits are reinvested in the province, contributing to the quality of life of Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG, visit our website at www.olg.ca
We look forward to hearing from you, interested candidates should apply online by May 6, 2022.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected] if you require accommodation at any time during the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.