The online slots industry is booming, and proof of this is the number of games released each year. 2021 was no different either, with a slew of games from different vendors on your device screens. These cover a range of themes including Hollywood movies and original series / shows from some of the major studios and production houses out there.
Many software vendors have developed Hollywood hit-themed games including Playtech, NetEnt, and Microgaming. Here are some of the best Hollywood-themed slots of 2021.
Game of Thrones: Power Stacks
There have been quite a few slots reboots released earlier, and one of the biggest is Game of Thrones: Power Stacks. Like its predecessor, which had 2 versions – one with 15 paylines and another with 243 ways to win – it is themed on the hit HBO series.
This slot was released in August 2021. Brought to you by Microgaming – who released the first slot machine – in collaboration with Slingshot Studios, the theme remains the same, but there is a world of difference in features and graphics. The game has 5 reels and 40 paylines and you could win up to 500,000!
Let’s start with the graphics – they’re of infinitely higher quality than the original. When you achieve a victory with one of the symbols of the characters – the Wildling, the Night King, Sansa Stark, Daenerys Targaren and Tormund Giantsbane – the graphic is replaced with actual images of the character from the film.
The second thing that strikes a familiar chord is the backing score in the slot; this is the song Blood of My Blood from the 6e Season 6 episode, composed by Ramin Djawadi. This is a high volatility slot game, and the maximum payout is 25,000 times your total stake!
The Game of Thrones logo is the wild symbol, while the Iron Throne is the scatter. There are 4 bonus features in the game:
- Power batteries: To the left of the reels is a carousel that spins each time you press the Spin button to reveal a symbol. The revealed symbol can appear fully stacked on the reels for you to win. All symbols except the wild and the scatter can become a Power Stack.
Bind and win: Deposit a minimum of 6 coins on the reels during one spin to trigger the Link & Win function. When this happens, the coins stick to the reels and you receive 3 rerolls on a new set of reels as a reward.
New coils only have empty parts and slots. Any coin landing on an empty slot triggers a new respin. Coins have values from 1x to 15x your stake in the base game and up to 30x in the free spins.
- Free spins: Hit a minimum of 3 scatter symbols to trigger a payout of up to 100 times your stake – depending on how many symbols you get – and 15 free spins with a 2x multiplier and stacked wilds. You can also trigger the Link & Win feature in the free spins round.
- Jackpots: Get bronze, silver or gold coins to trigger the Jackpots feature. The jackpots pay out 20x, 100x and 500x respectively for the symbols of the base game; the value is doubled in the free spins round. Fill all positions with coins to trigger the Valyrian jackpot, worth 2500x your stake, in the base game.
What do you get when you mix the concept of Agent 007 and Casino Royale? A fantastic slot game called Agent Royale, of course! The game is brought to you by Red Tiger Gaming and comes with fabulous graphics and features that include locked wilds, License to Spin, and free spins. The slot machine can be played for free using the bonus codes offered by Spin Carlin Casino.
All the usual Bond style elements are present in this slot machine: gorgeous girls, glitzy cars, and awesome weapons and gear that include bombs that act like sticky jokers! The graphics are realistic and the animations exceptional. This is a game with 5 reels, 4 rows for symbols and 40 paylines.
This is a niche of medium volatility and a decent payout percentage of 95.77%. The agent symbol is a wild card that spans 2 vertical positions on the reels. There are great symbols like the bomb symbols. There are 2 variations: a normal bomb and a golden bomb.
Another cool symbol in the game is the blonde woman; place it in 3 or more positions on the reels to trigger the free spins bonus. The golden bombs that are already in place on the reels stay sticky throughout the spins to give you more wins. The wild agent is also sticky and gives you bigger payouts.
Gordon Ramsay: Hell’s Kitchen
Gordon Ramsay: Hell’s Kitchen is the official slot machine for the hit television series of the same name, starring iconic chef Gordon Ramsay. Armed with 5 reels and 20 paylines, this NetEnt Slot Machine boasts rich 3D quality graphics and innovative features to increase adrenaline levels as you play it.
This is a low to medium volatility slot with an RTP value of 96.07%, and the maximum payout you can win is 1000 times your total bet in a spin. With 16 Michelin stars to his credit, mercurial Gordon Ramsay is a force to be reckoned with in the kitchen, and the slot machine reflects his personality well.
The graphics are great, the animations are awesome, and if that isn’t enough to wow you, how about the 6 bonus features that the game is loaded with?
- Ramsay’s Wild Card: feature is randomly activated and Gordon throws knives or plates at the reels to add 5-7 wild symbols to the reels to help you increase your bankroll.
- Team Challenge Free Spins: Hit 3 or 4 Gordon Ramsay scatter symbols – anywhere on the reels except reel 3 – to trigger the feature and win 10 or 15 free spins respectively. It has 2 areas for the 2 competing teams and you have to choose a team.
For each free spin, up to 3 Order Up features that are color coded are triggered, including multipliers and the Team Wilds feature.
- Gordon Bonus Game: At the end of the free spins, the winning team is declared. If you chose it, or if the competition ended in a tie, you trigger this feature. You will need to choose from 15 menus and each menu could have cash prizes or multipliers. Choose menus until you reach the X symbol.
Another member of the “remastered” club is the Terminator 2 slot machine. This is based on the 1992 hit hit of the same name – Terminator 2: Judgment Day. It has 5 reels and offers you 243 ways to win. The original slot machine was released in 2014 and this one lives up to Arnold’s eponymous line – I’ll be back!
The functionality is the same as in the original version; the graphics are of better quality however. You will find images from the film integrated into the game, as well as robotic animations. The game also offers 2 cool bonus features to help you win some great wins.
The first of the bonuses is the T-800 Vision Feature. It triggers randomly and is usually triggered at the end of a round where you don’t win. The Terminator scans the reels for high value symbols. If he is able to hit one of them, you earn a cash bonus of up to 129 times your total stake.
Hit an Orb scatter symbol during the T-800 Vision feature to trigger the free spins bonus. You can also trigger this feature by landing 3 or more scatter symbols in the base game. When this happens, you receive a payout of up to 100 times your stake and 10 free spins which can be retriggered.